Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Why the Hashtag #wifeymaterial Needs to Die

I swear to G-O-D if another female on my Instagram feed posts a food photo of a meal she so proudly whipped up and decided to annoyingly photograph, while hashtagging “wifeymaterial” as the caption, I’m going to projectile vomit on my phone.

Not only is it completely unnecessary, it’s downright desperate. It’s thirsty. (Are people still saying that?) I’m so over it. What are you trying to do? First and foremost the term “wifey material” is completely offensive to the female species.

To be modern is to change with the times. Gone are the days of women bred to stay at home, raise children, cook, clean and take care of their husbands all while looking perfect too. (Although, Lucy Ricardo did this flawlessly).

Stay at home dads are a thing nowadays and quite frankly, I love it. We have got to stop with this gender roles thing. If you happen to be a stay at home mom, do not be offended. It's absolutely something to be proud of. Being a mom is one of the hardest and most rewarding jobs on the planet. Don't get it twisted. However, a man can and should cook for his woman too. 


All I’m saying is relationships should be equal. You know, 50/50. And if you happen to be one of the lucky few that snag a man who can cook, hold onto him and never let go. These are best kind of men in the world. Can I get an amen?

No comments:

Post a Comment